A vegetarian food regimen may be very wholesome – so long as it’s completed correctly. As a vegetarian herself, Dr. Majd evaluations 5 of the most typical dietary deficiencies in vegetarian diets. Make sure that you’re acquiring the correct vegetarian vitamins and avoiding the frequent dietary pitfalls.
Majd MD — right here to avoid wasting the busy individual an pointless go to to the physician. Movies launched each Wednesday.
1. Protein Sources: http://www.vrg.org/vitamin/protein.php.
2. Iron Sources: http://www.vrg.org/vitamin/iron.php.
3. Calcium Sources: http://oldwayspt.org/packages/oldways-vegetarian-network/vegetarian-calcium-food-sources.
4. Vitamin D Sources:https://ods.od.nih.gov/pubs/usdandb/VitaminD-Content material.pdf.
5. Vitamin B12 Sources: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Client/#h3.
6. USDA 2015 Dietary Tips: https://well being.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/tips/appendix-5/ .
7. The meals pyramid was changed by “my plate” in 2011. Right here’s the vegetarian model: http://www.chooseveg.com/foodplate
For extra well being ideas and up-to-date well being information comply with me on:
All content material offered is for informational functions solely. It’s not particular medical recommendation, and it’s best to all the time search a licensed doctor in your space for all well being associated issues.
#vegetarian #vegan #MajdMD #vitamin #well being .