301 Moved Permanently
Broccoli Cheese Soup is such a staple in our residence. The wealthy and creamy soup with nutrient wealthy broccoli is a hearty meal in itself. Take pleasure in it on it is personal or with some garlic bread – Yum!
Substances: Makes 8, 1 cup servings
Broccoli – 1 lb
Celery – 2 stalks, chopped finely
Onion – 1 small (Four oz), chopped finely
Garlic – Four cloves, minced
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp
Crimson Chili Flakes – half of tsp or to style
Salt – 2 tsp or to style
Cream Cheese – Four oz, softened
Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup (Four oz)
Heavy Cream – half of cup
Water – 5 cups
1. Take away florets from broccoli stalks, roughly chop and hold apart.
2. Chop broccoli stalks finely.
3. In a big pot on medium warmth, add Butter, Olive Oil, minced Garlic and Bay Leaf. Permit the Garlic to sizzle.
4. Add Celery, Onions and Broccoli Stalks. Season with a bit of salt and cook dinner till veggies look translucent.
5. Add Italian Seasoning, Crimson Chili Flakes, Water and extra Salt. Cowl and cook dinner.
6. Permit combination to return to a boil, then cook dinner for a further 5 minutes.
7. Add roughly chopped Broccoli Florets and cook dinner for five minutes uncovered.
8. Take away Bay Leaf and discard. Take away just a few Broccoli Florets and hold apart.
9. Mix soup combination till easy (be very cautious of scorching liquid whereas mixing or alternately enable it to chill earlier than continuing).
10. Pour blended combination again into pot and warmth once more.
11. As soon as scorching, take a small quantity of scorching liquid and blend with softened cream cheese till absolutely mixed. Add Cream Cheese again into the pot.
12. Add Cheddar Cheese and permit it to soften absolutely.
13. Add Heavy Cream and blend.
14. Chop reserved Broccoli Florets and add them again into the new soup for texture.
15. Garnish with shredded cheese and serve.
For extra Indian/Fusion recipes, try the ShowMeTheCurry web site at http://www.showmethecurry.com